Qualify Your Contractor
Whether you’re thinking about installing a new pavement or repairing an existing pavement, there are many factors to consider. The cost of pavement represents an investment in your home or business, so it’s important to do the homework and ask the right questions first.
At Tucson Asphalt, we’re proud of our almost 20-year track record of satisfying customers. Here’s how to check up on a paving contractor:
- Call the Better Business Bureau (BBB) at 520-888-5353 and ask whether the contractor is a member, and how many years the company has been in business, and whether there have been any complaints. We’ve been in business more than twenty-five years, and we’ve never had a BBB complaint.
- Call the Arizona Registrar of Contractors (ROC) at 1-888-271-9286 and ask about licensing status. By law, all contractors in Arizona must be fully licensed. Our Arizona Contractor’s License numbers are: 116436A (for commercial jobs) and 116437B4 (for residential jobs).And, if you’re considering a decorative stamped-asphalt effect for your job, you can view our StreetPrint™ certificate here.
- Call the contractor’s insurance carrier and have them send a copy of the contractor’s insurance certificate directly to your own insurance agent in order to verify the coverage and limits.As Tucson’s leading asphalt contractor, we’re fully insured. Our insurance agent is Jason Prosser at Crest Insurance Group, and he can be reached directly at 520-784-7654.
- To confirm the reliability of any asphalt contractor, it’s best to call the Accounts Receivable Manager at each of the hot-mix asphalt plants in the area and ask if the contractor has open accounts, whether the contractor pays on time, or whether the contractor is a “slow payer.”
For hot-mix asphalt plants serving the Tucson area, the office telephone numbers are:
Cemex Construction Materials
Granite Construction Company
- Ask to see one of the contractor’s crews at work. On site, ask individual crew members about the company’s quality of work, as well as its pay, benefits and work atmosphere.
- Ask for references. When speaking with prospective customers, we always bring our portfolio of completed jobs, along with testimonials and letters of reference, so people will know we’re Tucson’s best paving contractor.
We’re proud of our stellar reputation: We already have almost 20 years of experience serving property owners and municipalities throughout Tucson and Pima County, and we’d like to have you as a customer, too.
For a fast response, just call us!